[Mimedefang] Yahoo! DMARC and smfi_chngfrom was Yahoo DMARC

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Apr 14 22:06:46 EDT 2014

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:27:58 -0400
"Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGrail at PCCC.com> wrote:

> However, we are seeing an issue with the change_sender(); function.

> Specifically, here's a test from my Yahoo! account to an autism
> mailing list. Even though smfi_chgfrom appears to have worked, when
> the email is parsed by mailman, it does not appear to reflect the
> changed sender. Any thoughts appreciated...

smfi_chgfrom only changes the envelope sender.  I think Mailman (and
possibly Yahoo?) might be looking at the From: header instead.

With regards to the MIMEDefang list, I don't plan on doing anything
special.  If Yahoo wants to break legitimate mailing lists for its
users, that's Yahoo's problem, not mine.  Luckily, I do not depend
on being able to reach Yahoo subscribers for my business to be viable,
so... meh.