[Mimedefang] Debugging MIME Parsing Errors

Paul Murphy pjm at ousekjarr.org
Thu Oct 24 14:42:15 EDT 2013

-----Original Message-----

> Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
> I just got to testing this (scheduling issues between me and the
customer). The message from Delta, as
> forwarded, has 119 MIME parts.
> Do you have any recommendations on a reasonable value of $MaxMIMEParts
these days?

Something way less than 119...  Marketing and HTML mail combine to
produce some horrendous results, and all because they used to send web
links to download the images, and the Microsoft put a stop to that for
98% of their customers.

Probably more than the default 20.

To my mind, anything more than 40 is pushing the bounds of credibility -
the next thing you'll see is spam mail made up of 50 separate 10x10
images which are loaded into a table to create something readable.

Paul.