[Mimedefang] mimedefang with axigen 8.1.1

Fabian Santiago fsantiago at garden-life.org
Sat Nov 16 18:26:13 EST 2013

Thanks for your help. I have already seen those links / articles. They haven't helped me much. That's ok. I don't really need defang right now, just an after thought. I will play with it some more over time. Part of my issue is a lack of full Perl understanding so interpreting the filter has been tough for me in some parts of it. Also determining why the Axigen milter transaction seems to fail is tough without detailed logs which Axigen does not do a good job of writing.

I've heard Axigen support is good but I think that's only when you're a paying customer. I use the free license so support for me is almost non-existent. They require all posts on their forum to be moderated first before they appear publicly and that process sometimes takes days, if they ever appear at all. There is no direct email access to support unless you're a paid support program customer (and this they stipulate on their website).

And their latest version, 8.1.1, which I'm running, has a bug in it preventing DKIM signing and everywhere on their forum you see posts where Axigen support has told people to post their email addresses to be emailed a link to the patch for the bug. Otherwise, just wait for v8.1.2 we're also told. I posted on the forum asking about the patch, received a response asking for my email address about 24 hours later (shouldn't they have that already through my forum sign-in?), and have yet to receive said patch. And that was almost a week ago now.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Just a little tired and frustrated. I know this isn't the place. Thanks again.

Fabian S.