[Mimedefang] Bad Extensions in suggested example filter

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Nov 5 13:56:02 EST 2013

On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 13:30:17 -0500
"Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGrail at PCCC.com> wrote:

> 3 - Has anyone written description of all the extensions and a short
> what/why description?  If not, I'll take a pass at it.  (example
> below).

The bad filename extension list in the default MIMEDefang filter is
old, crufty, unmaintained, and most likely way too aggressive.

I obtained it from some MSFT knowledgebase article, the origin of which
is lost in the mists of time.

If someone would like to patch the sample filter to have a saner list,
I'll gladly take the patch.