[Mimedefang] How to change envelope sender?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon May 6 16:00:38 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM,  <kd6lvw at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Do you agree that end user recipients should have the final decision
>> about message disposition?   And that they probably do want forwarded
>> messages whether or not the forwarder handles them in a way you deem
>> appropriate?
>
> No, because some types of scanning and responses can only be administered site-wide by the administrator (i.e. the software configuration) which cannot be changed on a per-user basis.  Take for an example a message cross- or multi-posted to many users (e.g. perhaps from a mailbox dictionary attack):  Individual users will be unaware of its bulk nature and perhaps ONLY the bulk nature will classify it as spam.

So, you can pass your knowledge on to the recipient, leaving the
disposition up to them.   For example, I think google is probably as
good as anyone at that sort of bulk-discovery, and yet I regularly
find things they've tossed in the spam folder that are not spam.   Why
do you think you have less false positives then they do?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com