[Mimedefang] What about DKIM

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon May 13 16:01:57 EDT 2013

On May 9, 2013, at 3:30 PM, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> It is very easy to add.  Use the Mail::DKIM::Signer and Mail::DKIM::TextWrap
> modules from CPAN.  This is in our filter and we call it to sign a message
> from filter_end:

Thanks for sharing that.

Couple of questions: Is the SHA computed over the header or the entirety of the message?  If it's just over the header, then all you'd need is:

$dkim->PRINT($entity->head()->as_string());

right? But then if it were just over the header, you could replay the header so there wouldn't be much point to that…

If it's over the entirety of the message, then you could do:

$dkim->PRINT($entity->as_string());

for the entire serialized message, yes?

Also, looking at:

                       chomp;
                       s/\015$//;

makes me wonder about this (and I've seen it elsewhere).  Why not just do:

			local $/ = "\r\n";
			chomp;

instead?

Thanks,