[Mimedefang] How to change envelope sender?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon May 6 14:53:50 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM,  <kd6lvw at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Mon, 5/6/13, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How so, when they add setup and processing effort and don't add value?
>>  It is the content that determines whether I think something is spam
>> or want to read it, not the mechanics of how the message was sent or
>> the forwarding path (which I may have set up myself).
>
> So you claim that message forgery isn't a problem?  Get a clue.

No, but I claim that wasting time and effort on things that don't
solve the problem are a waste of time and effort.  So you claim the
problem is solved?   Does an end-user recipient have a standard way of
seeing who thinks any particular message was forged and why?

> I agree that spaminess and source authentication are separate issues, but most recipients don't want forged messages either, spam or not.

Do you agree that end user recipients should have the final decision
about message disposition?   And that they probably do want forwarded
messages whether or not the forwarder handles them in a way you deem
appropriate?

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com