[Mimedefang] md_check_against_smtp_server and md_graphdefang_log

Matt Garretson mattg at assembly.state.ny.us
Wed Mar 27 10:59:45 EDT 2013

On 3/27/2013 10:05 AM, James Curtis wrote:
> However I did find this in my /var/log/maillog
> Mar 27 09:59:40 monitor mimedefang.pl[23405]: md_graphdefang_log called outside of message context

# man mimedefang-filter
  [...]
       md_graphdefang_log($event, $v1, $v2)
  [...]

  Note that md_graphdefang_log should not be used in filter_relay,
  filter_sender or filter_recipient.  The global variables it relies
  on are not valid in that context.
  [...]

I work around this in my filters by making a my_graphdefang_log() that
doesn't access the variables that aren't yet defined in the above contexts.