[Mimedefang] md_check_against_smtp_server and md_graphdefang_log

Kees Theunissen C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
Tue Mar 26 03:27:36 EDT 2013

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, James Curtis wrote:

>FILTERING BY RECIPIENT
>       You can define a function called filter_recipient in your filter.
>       This lets you reject messages to certain recipients, rather than
>       waiting until the whole message has been sent. Note that for this
>       check to take place, you must use the -t flag with mimedefang.
>>
>Can someone verify that modifying the /etc/rc.d/init.d/mimedefang script
>    daemon $PROGDIR/$prog-multiplexor -p /var/spool/MIMEDefang/$prog-multiplexor.pid -t \
>OR
>    daemon $PROGDIR/$prog-multiplexor -t -p /var/spool/MIMEDefang/$prog-multiplexor.pid \
>OR
>    am I misunderstanding what it means to run it with the -t option.
>
>I think this may be why my md_check_against_smtp_server doesn't appear to be working.

If you want to start "mimedefang" with the "-t" flag then you better
put "-t" in the command that starts "mimedefang" rather than in the
command that starts "mimedefang-multiplexor".

But normally you don't need to modify the /etc/rc.d/init.d/mimedefang
script. The startup script reads a configuration file and will start
the daemons depending on the contents of that configuration file.

File names and locations of startup scripts and config files might
vary among OS-es/distributions/versions. On a Debian Linux Squeeze
system the config file is located in /etc/default/mimedefang.

In that file I have:

# "yes" turns on the multiplexor recipient checking function
# MX_RECIPIENT_CHECK=no
MX_RECIPIENT_CHECK=yes

Regards,

Kees Theunissen.

--
Kees Theunissen,  System and network manager,   Tel: +31 (0)30 6096724
Dutch Institute For Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER)
e-mail address:   C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
postal address:   PO Box 1207, 3430 BE Nieuwegein, NL
visitors address: Edisonbaan 14, 3439 MN Nieuwegein, NL