[Mimedefang] Slightly OT: SpamAssassin freemail check data

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Mar 25 14:59:58 EDT 2013

Am 25.03.2013 04:42, schrieb Ben Kamen:

> The way I understand it, it does neither of the two. You have to
> specify them all yourself in the config file as described in the
> initial comment of FreeMail.pm:
>
> ### Supported .cf clauses:
> #
> # freemail_domains domain ...
> #
> #    List of domains to be used in checks.
> #
>
> HTH
> T.

Well, I looked and there's the other file with a huge list of domains...

When I looked at the email that had used this rule, I saw emails of people I know...

So I pondered how these got into that rule-check when I never specified anything in particular concerning those users at those.domains.

Considering it was 4 email addresses I recognized and a majority of ones I didn't (and a search on my IMAP server found the ones I knew and didn't for the ones unrecognized), then I got to that question of "where does this list of users come from?"

oh well, I'll just keep an eye on it (and tell my friends to maybe change their passwords. 3 @ gmail, 1 @aol. Weird.)

Thanks!

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
eMail: ben at benjammin.net                      http://www.benjammin.net

NAME:		Jean-Luc Perriwinkle Picard
OCCUPATION:	Starship Big Cheese
AGE:		94
BIRTHPLACE:	Paris, Terra Sector
EYES:		Grey
SKIN:		Tanned
HAIR:		Not much
LAST MAGAZINE READ:
		Lobes 'n' Probes, the Ferengi-Betazoid Sex Quarterly
TEA:		Earl Grey.  Hot.

EARL GREY NEVER VARIES.
NOTICE: All legal disclaimers sent to benjammin.net/benkamen.net
or any of it's affiliated domains are rendered null and void on
receipt of communications and will be handled/considered as such.