[Mimedefang] RelayAddr no longer has mx address

Cliff Hayes chayes at afo.net
Sun Jun 16 03:11:28 EDT 2013

Help!

I brought a new mail server online today.
I was using version 2.67 and am now using 2.73.
We have 6 mx servers in front of our mail server.
On the mail server (with version 2.67 and previous) the RelayAddr and
RealRelayAddr fields always contained the IP of the mx server if the
mail can through an mx server.
This is no longer true and I shudder to think of the impact since much
custom coding has been done looking at those fields.
Amongst other tings, I was using those fields to determine if email was
incoming or outgoing.  If an mx IP was in there, then it was an incoming
email and treated as such, else outgoing.

I would think RealRelayAddr would be different from RelayAddr and one
should contain the last relay (mx) and one contain the source but they
are always the same.
How do I determine incoming vs outgoing now?
How can I get the last relay?

Thanks in advance.