[Mimedefang] ClamAV effectiveness

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jun 28 15:47:17 EDT 2013

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:31:55 +0200 (CEST)
Kees Theunissen <C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl> wrote:

> Stats from one of my MX-servers over the current week (log file
> started last Monday morning).

[1529 viruses detected by ClamAV and 979 probable-viruses missed]

These are the statistics from today on our servers:

ClamAV caught 2417 viruses.

ClamAV missed 61223 fax-scam viruses.  I will note that some of these
had malformed zip files that didn't actually contain useful content.

There were another 6661 messages with .EXE attachments (most of which
were probably viruses) that ClamAV missed.

Number of messages processed in total was just over two million.