[Mimedefang] Using clamdscan --fdpass

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Fri Jul 19 22:00:44 EDT 2013

Hi,
I have modified MIMEDefang to use clamdscan --fdpass for Virus:CLAMD because clamd runs as a different user to MIMEDefang (clamav vs mailnull).

I imagine that it is slightly slower because I changed it to call clamdscan - I lack the Perl-fu to do FD passing, although I would be happy to test such a patch :)

Is there any interest in merging such a patch?

Thanks.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum