[Mimedefang] Reject pre greeting traffic with mimedefang?

Michiel Brandenburg apex at xepa.nl
Fri Jan 11 15:18:18 EST 2013

Hi,

> sendmail has a nice feature called greet_pause which rejects SMTP
> connections if SMTP commands were sent before the SMTP greeting. Thus
> SMTP slamming isn't possible any longer:
>
> http://www.deer-run.com/~hal/sysadmin/greet_pause.html
>
> Is there anything similiar possible with mimedefang only?

Well no, as mimedefang is not talking to the client.  If you are using
socketmaps with mimedefang you can tell sendmail to greet pause the
connected client.

On the other hand I seem to be the only one using this approach, and
although it looks nice and all, it's damn slow (as David pointed out in
an earlier mail)

If an "example" is wanted I think I can make one for you, keep in mind
socketmap is slow.
--
Michiel Brandenburg