[Mimedefang] rps-mail-eventreporter installation

tim tim at linux-ham.ab0wr.net
Sat Apr 20 12:50:21 EDT 2013

I am not a linux expert of perl expert.

I have sendmail, amavis, and clamav working on a new opensuse 12.3 load.

I'm trying to get mimedefang and spamassassin working.

I downloaded the files shown at the mimedefang site.

When doing a "perl Makefile.PL" command (as root user) for the
rps-mail-eventreporter I get an error message of:

Bareword "auto_install" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at Makefile.PL line 17.
Execution of Makefile.PL aborted due to compilation errors.

I've searched the mailing list archives and couldn't find anything.

I'm sure this is a simple problem to fix but I can't find anything on
the internet about it.

Help!