[Mimedefang] How to count recipients in filter_recipient

Dale Moore Dale.moore at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 16 07:39:08 EDT 2013

In this case, we merely
  main::delete_recipient($recipient_A);
then
  main::action_accept()
for the rest of the recipients.

You cant tempfail individual recipients once you peek at the message
and see that it is spam.  By the time you see the message, you've already
accepted the recipients.

Different mimedefang-milter processes might handle the same message.
One milter process could handle the relay while a different one handles
the sender.  In fact, different processes could handle different recipients
of the same message.  This makes persistent variables like $rcpt_count
difficult to implement.

Dale Moore
Carnegie Mellon University