[Mimedefang] When action_add_part() isn't enough...

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 16 18:28:59 EDT 2012

On 2012-9-15 8:11 , Nathan Findley wrote:
> On 09/15/2012 08:49 AM, kd6lvw at yahoo.com wrote:
>> The deprecation warning [sometimes] shows up in my syslog for mail when it occurs.
>>
>> Here's a different example:
>>
>> defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl line 7077.
>>          (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
>> defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl line 7115.
>>          (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
>> MIMEDefang version 2.72
>>
>> This is why I stated it might occur.  I am using perl 5.16.0 currently (5.16.1 has been released but I haven't installed it yet).
>>
> I am seeing this on 5.16 as well.

That's very likely caused by these statements:

sub message_contains_virus () {
[...]
    if (!defined(@VirusScannerMessageRoutines)) {

sub entity_contains_virus ($) {
    if (!defined(@VirusScannerEntityRoutines)) {

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet
SSL is only keeping your connection safe from hackers, crooks and three