[Mimedefang] When action_add_part() isn't enough...

Kees Theunissen C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
Fri Sep 14 22:37:15 EDT 2012

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012, kd6lvw at yahoo.com wrote:

>--- On Fri, 9/14/12, Kevin A. McGrail <KMcGrail at PCCC.com> wrote:
>> > Did you check for warnings in your log files?
>> Perl creates log files?
>
>The deprecation warning [sometimes] shows up in my syslog for mail
>when it occurs.
>
>Here's a different example:
>
>defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl line 7077.
>    (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
>defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl line 7115.
>    (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
>MIMEDefang version 2.72
>
>This is why I stated it might occur. I am using perl 5.16.0 currently
>(5.16.1 has been released but I haven't installed it yet).

It seems that the use of the defined function on hashes and arrays
is deprecated (since 5.16.0?).
See: http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/defined.html

The OP used defined on a scalar variable.

Regards,

Kees Theunissen.

--
Kees Theunissen,  System and network manager,   Tel: +31 (0)30 6096724
Dutch Institute For Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER)
e-mail address:   C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
postal address:   PO Box 1207, 3430 BE Nieuwegein, NL
visitors address: Edisonbaan 14, 3439 MN Nieuwegein, NL