[Mimedefang] stream_by_recipient() and Postfix

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Sep 12 23:17:56 EDT 2012

On 9/12/12 1:32 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Ah... it seems that in modern versions of Postfix, the cleanup(8) daemon
> simulates milter events, so it might be possible to make this work.

It seems to be working...

> I'm not very familiar with Postfix, so I can't comment on why you
> lack permission to run /usr/sbin/sendmail.  I bet SELinux is messing you
> up.

Yeah, there was a SELinux issue. I had reported this problem about a year ago with mimedefang + sendmail on Fedora... figured the fix got into CentOS SELinux as well, but it hadn't.

Running as "permissive" until that gets fixed (again).

Had to add in:

non_smtpd_milter = ...

into /etc/postfix/main.cf (and do "postfix reload", of course) to get the resubmission scanned. Then it worked.

Not thrilled about having 2 Received: lines, but what can you do; I could tweak resend_message_specifying_mode() to not add the synthesized header...

-Philip