[Mimedefang] Is it working ??

Stephen Johnson Stephen.Johnson at arkansas.gov
Wed Sep 12 10:37:58 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-12 at 08:29 +0200, bversteeg at borsele.nl wrote:
> centos 6.3
> mimedefang 2.73
> spamassassin 3.3.2
>
> Spam is getting through and seeing this message in the log file
>
> Milter delete (noop): header: X-Spam-Score
> Milter add: header: X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.73
>
> What does this mean ???

The operations being performed are in the filter_end() section of the
mimedefang-filter ( /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter (?)). The default filter
will markup the e-mail in various ways.

The entries in the log file indicate the e-mail SpamAsassin Score was
below the spam score threshold. A header which mimedefang will add if it
detected as spam (X-Spam-Score:) tried to be removed. The header was not
presentin the message. So trying to remove it resulted in a No Operation
situation.

The second header that was added is a standard X-... e-mail header that
Mimedefang added to all scanned e-mails. As I mentioned all of this is
controls in the mimedefang-filter.

> Op www.borseleheefthet.nl laten wij u zien dat Borsele een mooie
> gemeente is om te wonen en te werken. Voor algemene informatie
> over de gemeente verwijzen we naar onze website www.borsele.nl

> Voorbehoud Gemeente Borsele:
>
> Aan de inhoud van dit e-mailbericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend,
>
> tenzij dit expliciet in dit bericht is verwoord.
> De informatie verzonden met dit e-mailbericht is uitsluitend
> bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien dit bericht wordt ontvangen door
> iemand anders, wordt deze verzocht het te retourneren aan de afzender.
>

> Officiële e-mail moet worden gericht aan info at borsele.nl

Stephen L Johnson  <stephen.johnson at arkansas.gov>
Unix Systems Administrator / DNS Hostmaster
Department of Information Systems
State of Arkansas
501-682-4339