[Mimedefang] DNSWL

Tilman Schmidt t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de
Tue Oct 30 15:52:54 EDT 2012

Am 30.10.2012 19:26, schrieb kd6lvw at yahoo.com:
> It's your system, but I would consider exempting mail from local users from the scan as a POOR design.  Apparently, you believe that your local users will never have their accounts hacked or infected with a mail-sending virus.  I would not make such an assumption.

That's a valid concern. In this specific case, however, it does
not apply. All I do if SpamAssassin arrives at a score above the
threshold (the "...yadda..." part) is adding an X-Spam-Score
header. Everything else (moving it to a spam folder or even
deleting it) happens in the recipient's mail agent, and thus
under the recipient's responsibility. It would make little
sense IMHO to do that for mail which originated within the
organization.

Virus scanning is of course applied to every mail, whether
originating locally or remotely.

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH