[Mimedefang] DNSWL

Tilman Schmidt t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de
Tue Oct 30 07:58:01 EDT 2012

Dear all,
my mimedefang-filter script contains the following in its
filter_end function to run SpamAssassin on mails not originating
locally:

    # Spam checks if SpamAssassin is installed
    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
        if ($RelayAddr =~ /^10\.0\./) {
            # Don't scan messages from local net
            md_graphdefang_log('locl');
        }
        elsif (defined($SendmailMacros{"auth_type"})) {
            # Don't scan messages from authenticated senders.
            md_graphdefang_log('auth');
        }
        elsif (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 100*1024) {
            # Only scan messages smaller than 100kB.
            my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
            if ($hits >= $req) {
                ...yadda...
            }
        }
    }

I would like to extend that so that the SpamAssassin call is
skipped for hosts which are ranked medium or high on the DNSWL,
as recommended on http://www.dnswl.org/tech. Alas, that page
does not offer a MIMEDefang recipe.

Google found a discussion on this list in December 2007 under
the subject "dnswl and relay_is_blacklisted() in Mimedefang
sub_filter_relay" that appears relevant, but I'm not sure how
to apply that to my case.

Could someone share a code snippet?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,
Tilman