[Mimedefang] Requeue failed messages

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Thu Oct 18 10:03:35 EDT 2012

On 10/18/2012 9:49 AM, Jon Rowlan wrote:
> Understood Kevin, I certainly will do just that, it will be cleaner. But
> I am wondering whether using the quarantine function will effectively
> block the delivery for normal mail or whether that will only happen if I
> follow that with a REJECT or whatever.
>
> If its simply an alternative to INPUTMSG it will be easy to replace.
Jon,

See man mimedefang-filter

       action_quarantine_entire_message($msg)
               Quarantines  the  entire  message  in a quarantine
directory on the mail server, but does not otherwise affect disposition
of the message.  If "$msg" is non-empty, it is included in any administrator
               notification.

It is not an alternative to INPUTMSG as it saves everything using
multiple files.

For example...

-rw-r-----    1 defang   defang     149642 Sep 14 13:16 ENTIRE_MESSAGE
-rw-r-----    1 defang   defang       1247 Sep 14 13:16 HEADERS