[Mimedefang] Fixing stream_by_recipient() when running against Postfix

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Nov 10 17:36:43 EST 2012

I noticed that when running with Sendmail I don't get this, but Postfix provokes these messages:

Nov  9 14:18:42 svr002 postfix/cleanup[4406]: 81C93280047: milter-discard: END-OF-MESSAGE from localhost[127.0.0.1]: milter triggers DISCARD action; from=<philipok at XXXXscayl.net> to=<philip at XXXXscayl.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<scaylclient.scayl.net>

when I hit this code fragment:

sub filter_end {

        if (@Recipients > 1) {
            stream_by_recipient();              ### ignore return value
            md_syslog('info', "contained scayl attachments; resubmitting");
            return action_discard();
        } else {

which I have to do for various reasons, including the fact that each user now needs to receive an individually rewritten message based on his address.

I might be able to work-around it as:

sub filter_end {

        if (@Recipients > 1) {
	    my $firstRecipient = shift(@Recipients);
            stream_by_recipient();              ### ignore return value
            md_syslog('info', "contained scayl attachments; resubmitting");
	    @Recipients = ($firstRecipient);
        }  # fall-thru instead for the first recipient...

but it seems to me that this really should be fixed in the MDF/Postfix interaction instead.

Anyone else have any insight into this?

Thanks,

-Philip