[Mimedefang] X-Auto-Response-Suppress header

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon May 21 15:47:04 EDT 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012 12:22:39 -0700 (PDT)
kd6lvw at yahoo.com wrote:

> Definently not.  A rejected message (returned to the sender) gets
> more action (or administrative notice) than one accepted as spam
> therefore unanswered.

Rejecting a message containing an X-Auto-Response-Suppress is not only
pointless, but it violates the RFCs, which permit any sort of X-* header.

Rejecting communication with Microsoft Exchange is an interesting
position to take and I sympathise on a philosophical level, but it's
tilting at windmills.  Completely impractical if you actually rely on
email for business communication.