[Mimedefang] Filtering on SMTP authentication but would like to check for virus

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 09:09:00 EDT 2012

I have set up a mail server with SSL SMTP authentication using the
read_commands_file to check for it.

sub filter_sender {
     read_commands_file();
     if ( defined($SendmailMacros{'auth_type'})) {
         md_syslog('debug', "XXX authid found");
         return('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING', "authid");
     } else {
         md_syslog('debug', "XXX authid No");
     }

     return ('CONTINUE', "ok");
}

This has been working fine. but I just realised that the e-mail are not
being checked for viruses. OK I know you are trusting your users not to
send viruses, but I think to be safe I would like to check for them.

Problem is that virus checking is done in filter_begin which is not
called if the user has SMTP authentication

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

--