[Mimedefang] filter_sender, authenticated or smtp (port 25) Connections

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Mar 3 14:47:42 EST 2012

You can!  Use $SendmailMacros{daemon_port}... also {auth_type}, {auth_authen}, {auth_author}

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html

"New macros for SMTP AUTH are {auth_authen}, {auth_author}, and {auth_type}, which hold the client's authentication credentials (authid), the authorization identity (userid) (i.e., the AUTH= parameter of the MAIL command, if supplied), and the mechanism used for authentication. "

You can test the auth_type... that's probably easiest.

If this mailer is dedicated to local servers, though, I'd consider turning off outside access to the SMTP (25) port.

Also, are you sure you want to be using port 465 and not port 587?

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2476.txt

-Philip