[Mimedefang] Email Tokenizing via MTA

Mike Baas mike at mikebaas.org
Mon Jun 25 21:22:14 EDT 2012

I was researching the idea of tokenizing applicable inbound and
outbound mail programatically so that we can track messages in and out
of our systems to business objects and came across MIMEDefang.

Let's say I want to associate an incoming message from an email
address on record in our system to that record.  Would it go something
like this?

Mail from contact >> Postini >> MTA/MIMEDefang / database query plugin
/ write token in subject + write email contents to database >>
Exchange >> Outlook

MIMEDefang would query our system based on the email address, find a
valid record, write the email content to a database and tokenize the
message.

Is that the kind of thing that's possible with MIMEDefang?

Thanks,

mb