[Mimedefang] DKIM In MIMEdefang

Ben Kamen bkamen at cornelius.benjammin.net
Mon Jul 16 16:18:22 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-16 3:03 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 22:31:05 -0500
> Ben Kamen <bkamen at cornelius.benjammin.net> wrote:
>
>> So I'd like to do DKIM now and I see where I do the signing part in
>> sendmail -- but was curious what the best way to do it with
>> mime-defang was -- through SpamAssassin (and then add checks in MD or
>> let SA do all the work?)
>
> We use Mail::DKIM directly from MIMEDefang to sign messages.

Erm, so if you would please elaborate a little further...

If I send a message through my server (sendmail) via port 465/587 through the sendmail MSA... how does this affect signing of messages through sendmail's DKIM-milter?

I haven't looked lately, but IIRC, mimedefang does scan outgoing email (although I wish it didn't I just never looked up how to disable it)

Which one would I be better off using for outbound email? Sendmail or MimeDefang?

>  However, for verification purposes (if you're
> not using CanIt) it's probably easiest just to use SpamAssassin's built-in
> support.

Ok, that's what I needed to know on that end..

Thanks David!

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.