[Mimedefang] all_spam_to abuse

Chris Flav chris.flav at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 21 11:55:31 EST 2012

Hello,

I searched the archives and in 2005-2006 it was discussed that in order to reject during the SMTP transaction an email using "action_bounce" (generating a 5xx error), this was not possible since SpamAssassin would score the message including USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO and all recipients would receive it, whitelisted or not.

If this is still the case, my idea would be to check for USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO in the returned SA $names, and if the ($hits - 100) > $req, to strip all of the recipients from the message _except_ for those listed in all_spam_to  in spamassassin's local.cf.  That way only whitelisted recipients would get the email in question.

I have limited work so far with MIMEdefang, the mimedefang-filter file is pure perl?  Is what I suggest above possible?

Thanks in advance,

C. Flav