[Mimedefang] [OT?] Random Word Spam

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Feb 7 16:20:32 EST 2012

We've got a customer who is receiving 1 message per second! that
consists solely of random English words stuck together (both subject and
body). This has been happening for 24-36 hours.

As far as I can see, it's coming from hijacked accounts all over the
place (hundreds or thousands of servers) with varying sender addresses.

Is anyone else seeing this sort of thing?

Any idea how I might combat this?

I'd love to bulk submit these messages and report them back to the
admins of the compromised servers, if that might do some good.

--
Richard