[Mimedefang] Help needed to block all attachments

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Dec 17 15:00:33 EST 2012

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:38:21 +0000
"Ford,Luckie J" <ljford at mdanderson.org> wrote:

> Any other ideas??

Please be aware that the MIMEDefang filter is really a Perl program.
You need to learn to program in Perl to implement policies; you can't
just blindly change the sample filter.

Now to the problem at hand:

> I can't let ANY attachments through (of any type or extension).

How do you define an "attachment"?  Do you mean any non-text part?
A part with "Content-Disposition: attachment"?  Once you decide what an
"attachment" means, we can help you out.

Also, be aware that whoever came up with the policy "no attachments of
any type or extension" is likely unaware of the side-effects of this
policy such as broken S/MIME messages.  (I'm tempted to go further and
say that such a policy-maker exemplifies the Peter Principle but I
won't... darn!  Too late!)