[Mimedefang] Like action_replace_with_url(), but not quite

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Aug 30 16:24:52 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-30 at 13:39 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I can't use stream_by_recipient() because I don't know which
> attachments need to be removed until I hit filter() and not
> filter_begin().

I don't use the function, but I think the point of stream_by_recipient()
is to ensure that @Recipients only has one address. (It does this by
resending the message locally.) If you do that, you can munge things
directly in filter(), as you never have a case of some recipients
getting the attachments and some not.

However, if this isn't efficient enough for you, you might just want to
save state in filter() and do the streaming in filter_end if and only if
you have recipients that need different handling.

--
Richard