[Mimedefang] sanity Check: MD -> SpamAssassing checks ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Thu Aug 2 17:37:50 EDT 2012

On Dec 23, 11:37am, "David F. Skoll" wrote:
}
} Here's how CanIt handles this situation (in case anyone cares):
}
} We divide recipients into streams.  Everyone in a given stream has exactly
} the same rules, settings. etc.  If mail comes in and all the recipients
} are in one stream, great!  We process it.
}
} Otherwise, we mail out new copies (one per stream) and discard the original.
} When the new copies come in (thank you, Sendmail, for the split queue!) we
} process them.  Because we notice they're from the local host, we don't
} bounce during the SMTP conversation and we also parse out the "real" relay
} from the Received: header and do a bunch of other things slightly differently.
}
} We lose the ability to reject during the SMTP session, but alas it's the only
} practical solution, IMO.
}
} All of this is driven by a SQL database.

     I do have to wonder if the original poster tried searching the
mailing lists archive as this is a topic that comes up regularly.  I,
and probably others, have made numerous posts about how to handle
preferences for individual users.  Here is a list of some of them
(along with posts about handling individual bayesian scoring):

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2005-April/026563.html
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2005-September/028147.html
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2006-June/030475.html
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2006-November/031187.html
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2007-April/032485.html

}-- End of excerpt from "David F. Skoll"