[Mimedefang] sanity Check: MD -> SpamAssassing checks ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Aug 2 16:26:45 EDT 2012

>>> it up in local-host-names) - if so, look up the local part in aliases
>>> and/or virtusertable to find if it is delivered to a local shell user
>>> - if found, look in that user's home directory for a
>>> .spamassassin/userprefs file - if it exists, use it.

This whole discussion assumes that each message is sent to one recipient,
and that the one recipient corresponds to one local user whose preferences
can be determined.

I suppose you could enforce the former by telling sendmail to temp fail
RCPT commands after the first, to get messages in one recipient at a time.
I suppose local policies could enforce the latter.

That would eliminate the main difficulties.

Joseph Brennan