[Mimedefang] sanity Check: MD -> SpamAssassing checks ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Aug 1 02:23:33 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-01 12:55 AM, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> If _you_ (aka your filter) pass ~dest_user/.spamassassin/user_prefs as userprefs_filename to SpamAssassin, yes.
> If not, no.
>
> Per default MIMEDefang uses a global config file, one for all:
>
>   if (!defined($config)) {
>              if (-r '/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf') {
>                  $config = '/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf';
>              } elsif (-r '/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf') {
>                  $config = '/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf';
>              } elsif (-r '/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf') {
>                  $config = '/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf';
>              } else {
>                  $config = '/etc/mail/spamassassin.cf';
>              }
>          }

Ok, I see this in /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl

(ugh. RHEL and their need to have a
/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf

AND

/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

guess I can delete one. :D

But what's weird is that I updated /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf with my settings and that seems to be the one in use even though /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf is specified first. hahah. ugh.

But I don't see any place explicitly calling out ~dest_user/.spamassassin/userprefs in any form (still looking)

is it normally a default that it's added to SA or does it need to be specified?

Thanks Steffen,

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.