[Mimedefang] wanted: mimedefang-filter recipe for configurable SMTP call-ahead

Tilman Schmidt t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de
Thu Aug 30 09:49:38 EDT 2012

One of my mail servers is serving a few relay domains in addition
to its local ones. So its mimedefang-filter script has a few
entries of the form:

    if ($recipient =~ /[@.]example\.com>?$/i) {
        return md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recipient, $helo,
                                                'mail.example.com');
    }

As the number of entries is growing, I would like to move the
actual list of domains and servers to a configuration file and
have mimedefang-filter read that. In fact, Sendmail's mailertable
file has all the information already, so a separate configuration
file might not even be necessary and mimedefang-filter could be
tied to mailertable.db.

Unfortunately my Perl-fu is not quite up to the task. But I
imagine I'm not the first one to want something like that.
If someone has already done it, would you share your
solution?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe
Tilman

--