[Mimedefang] Mail Admin Question

Nathan Findley nathan at zenlok.com
Fri Aug 17 05:29:51 EDT 2012

On 08/14/2012 10:44 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:19:22 +0900
> Nathan Findley <nathan at zenlok.com> wrote:
>
>> First of all, a deferred status is really out of my hands correct?
> Most likely.
>
>> Aug 8 11:52:18 asp sendmail[13710]: q772pt1H016314:
>> to=<*******@*****.co.jp>, delay=1+00:00:21, xdelay=00:00:00,
>> mailer=esmtp, pri=129960390, relay=mail.*****.co.jp. [IP], dsn=4.0.0,
>> stat=Deferred: Connection reset by mail.*****.co.jp.
> Connection reset might indicate a network problem.  Is the message in question
> rather large?
>
>> Is there anything else I can do?
> No, not really, other than phoning the intended recipient and asking
> him/her to nag the system administrators.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Is it generally accepted as being ok to directly contact the other
servers email administrator in order to try to resolve an undelivered
email? I am finding myself being berated by the other systems admin for
my "unconventional" methods in trying to resolve the matter because I
sent him an email asking him to look into the "connection reset by mail"
message. I am a total newbie in this arena.

Thanks,
Nate

--
システムマネージャー/開発責任者