[Mimedefang] sanity Check: MD -> SpamAssassing checks ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Aug 1 02:40:27 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-01 1:23 AM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 2012-08-01 12:55 AM, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
>>
>> If _you_ (aka your filter) pass ~dest_user/.spamassassin/user_prefs as userprefs_filename to SpamAssassin, yes.
>> If not, no.
>>
>> Per default MIMEDefang uses a global config file, one for all:
>>
>>   if (!defined($config)) {
>>              if (-r '/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf') {
>>                  $config = '/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf';
>>              } elsif (-r '/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf') {
>>                  $config = '/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf';
>>              } elsif (-r '/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf') {
>>                  $config = '/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf';
>>              } else {
>>                  $config = '/etc/mail/spamassassin.cf';
>>              }
>>          }
>
> Ok, I see this in /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl
>
> (ugh. RHEL and their need to have a
> /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf
>
> AND
>
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
>
> guess I can delete one. :D
>
> But what's weird is that I updated /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf with my settings and that seems to be the one in use even though /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf is specified first. hahah. ugh.
>

> But I don't see any place explicitly calling out ~dest_user/.spamassassin/userprefs in any form (still looking)

Ok, I have a better way to ask this...

SA's config's allow for an "include" of another filename (if I read their examples correctly).

What I'd like to do is have a global config for #hits and trusted networks and such... and *add* if possible a user defined white/blacklist.

Is there a token that can be added in the global config file (/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf is the one I this that the system is using) to look for and include (if readable) the user defined additional file?

(Dave will probably answer this in the morning when he sees it. Heheh)

Thanks all - sleepy time for me.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.