[Mimedefang] Rejecting e-mails with blank CC: and Reply-To:

kd6lvw at yahoo.com kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 14:21:10 EDT 2012

--- On Wed, 4/11/12, Scott Nelson <sbnelson at thermeon.com> wrote:
> We receive messages from a system that sends e-mails with a
> blank Reply-To: and CC: lines, and (I think) mimedefang is
> rejecting them.
> What can I change to allow these to come through?

Why would you WANT to let these through?  The only header which is permitted (and in fact required after MSA processing) to have a blank data field is "BCC:"  Therefore, to permit these headers above to be blank violates the message format standard.

These messages should be rejected, and since they are, your server is behaving properly.