[Mimedefang] mimedefang-multiplexor crash

Ghislain gadnet at aqueos.com
Thu Sep 1 12:16:03 EDT 2011

hi,

    i have from time to time a mimedefang-multiplexor crash. The
mimedefang process is still here but mimedefang-multiplexor is down.
Each time we have a :

  kernel: mimedefang[10760]: segfault at 130 ip 00007faef285c900 sp
0000000042c200f0 error 4 in libmilter.so.1.0.1[7faef2851000+f000]

(debian lenny 64 bits)

  I wonder how we could debug this and have an automatic way to restart
the system when it triggers. The startup script of debian does not have
a "status" command i could use for this and using a dumb "mimedefang
start" do not work as it see the mimedefang process and think that all
is ok and not down so it does not start. Of course a restart could not
be used as if it work then restarting will kill performances especialy
every 30 minutes ^^.

   Any idea on how to prevent this ?

--

Cordialement,