[Mimedefang] Logging more stuff - Was MIMEDefang 2.72 is Released

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Thu Oct 20 14:02:01 EDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 5:46 PM, kd6lvw at yahoo.com wrote:
> Here's the SIMPLE logging statement I use with sendmail:
>
> SLocal_check_relay
> R$*             $: $(log "Connection: "$&{if_addr}" ("$&{if_name}") "$&{daemon_port}"<- "$&{client_addr}" "$&{client_port}" C:"$&{client_connections}" R:"$&{client_rate} $) $1
>
> As noted, I log also the interface name (since I have SMTP virtual hosting), connection count, and rate info too.  The client's name gets checked by another rule which occurs later, so it shows up a couple of lines following in my logs.  Therefore, I felt it was unnecessary.
>
> Note:  check_relay runs before there's a queue ID generated, so all these messages will start with a literal "NOQUEUE: Connection: " string.
looked at adding this under my Local Rulesets but I am getting this error:

rewrite: map log not found

I'm using 8.14.5 but is there perhaps something else in your mc you have
that the log chains to?

regards,
KAM