[Mimedefang] Minor bug in bad extension handling

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Sun Nov 20 10:04:37 EST 2011

On 11/20/2011 1:48 AM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> On 11/19/11 7:29 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>
>> Isn't that from the example milter?  If you are going to set $bad_exts =
>> '', why not remove/comment the entire block?  Doesn't seem like a bug in
>> MD to me as it's only an example script.
> And you don't think the examples should be correct?  :-P

The example is correct.  It's only broken when it's modified.

His code combined with yours = bug.  His example works fine.

There's an expectation that if you are going to mess with the examples,
you know perl.  In my opinion, DFS has the patience of a saint already
for how much hand-holding he does.  Sure, your change is a nice
idiot-proofing but A) the example worked before it was messed with and
B) the universe will create a better idiot ;-)

Regards,
KAM