[Mimedefang] Virus scanning messages vs. attachments

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Sat Nov 19 19:26:40 EST 2011

On 11/19/2011 2:55 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> You're assuming we're only interested in doing this inbound. But
> policing our email outbound might be useful too.
Touche!  That's a good point.

Pseudo code like this might be a very good idea:

if (virus test was yes) and defined($SendmailMacros{"auth_type"}) then
send a warning to the admin and sender.

Otherwise, if it's in inbound virus, you are just going to be sending
backscatter which is why MD changed the default not to notify senders
for viri ages back, I believe.

Regards,
KAM