[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.72-BETA-2 is available
David F. Skoll
dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jun 20 13:35:24 EDT 2011
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I've released MIMEDefang 2.72-BETA-2 to fix problems with desynchronization
if a slave process replies with a lot of data. It also should fix problems
with bad data being fed to smfi_setmlreply. Changelog since 2.71 follows;
I'd appreciate it if you could test this as much as possible. (It seems
pretty stable to me.)
2011-06-20 David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
* MIMEDefang 2.72-BETA-2
* In mimedefang.c, truncate overlong responses from the multiplexor.
Also sanitize replies so "\r" doesn't get fed to smfi_setmlreply.
* If a slave process replies with a very long reply, have the
multiplexor consume (and discard) the excess input so the
multiplexor-to-slave protocol does not become de-synchronized.
2011-06-16 David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
* When mimedefang becomes a daemon, have it wait for a
"go/no-go" message from the child before exiting. This should
eliminate race conditions whereby the MTA starts before the
milter socket is present.
* Revert change in 2.72-BETA-1 that passed client port number.
It was a hack; we need a proper way to pass largish amounts of
information to the filter and that will have to wait for a major
reworking of MIMEDefang.
2010-11-01 David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
* MIMEDefang 2.72-BETA-1
* Avoid run-time errors from Unix::Syslog on some platforms.
* Change md_syslog to log the Sendmail Queue-ID if it is
* Pass SMTP client port number to filter_relay, filter_helo,
filter_sender and filter_recipient. Also make it available
to filter_begin/filter/filter_end in $RelayPort global variable.
* Remove references to ParanoidFiler.
2010-08-18 David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
* MIMEDefang 2.71 RELEASED
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the MIMEDefang