[Mimedefang] Debian squeeze postfix mimedefang

Jason Bertoch jason at i6ix.com
Tue Jun 14 20:04:44 EDT 2011

On 6/14/2011 4:14 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
>> The sock file exists and is owned by postfix.
>> mx02:/etc/postfix# ls -l /var/spool/MIMEDefang/
>> srwxr-x--- 1 postfix postfix 0 Jun 14 15:26 mimedefang.sock
> Could it be a transient startup problem?  How about permissions on the
> parent directories?  Try:
>
>         ls -ld / /var /var/spool /var/spool/MIMEDefang
>
> to see if any permissions are wrong.

While David is probably right, as he usually is, I've also found that a
"sleep" entry in the startup script between mimedefang and your smtp
server can solve this problem on busy/slow servers.  Technically, I
usually need to sleep between the multiplexor and mimedefang because my
servers aren't that slow, but the error is strikingly similar.  While
your logs already indicate a difference of one minute, you should ensure
that socket exists prior to postfix starting if permissions aren't your
problem.

/Jason