[Mimedefang] Access to $Sender from filter_end()

si at yacc.co.uk si at yacc.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 13:37:51 EST 2011

Guys,

like (I'm guessing) a lot of folks, I have a few domains where
action_rebuild() 'breaks' things.

Up until a few days ago, that wasn't really a biggie - I just pulled
'From' line out of the header via  $entity->head()->get('From'), and
rebuilt for all domains that didn't exhibit problems.

I always knew that 'From' didn't necessarily have to match $Sender, but
since $Sender isn't available in filter_end() (where I call
action_rebuild() from), I just had to live with that. By and large,
there was a 1:1 mapping, so everyone was happy.

Sadly, this is no longer true, thanks to a horribly written piece of
software we seem to have inherited from a company we've just merged
with. Worse, the obvious solutions of 'rewrite the software so it works
properly' and 'throw the junk away' aren't options.

I believe all my problems would go away if I could access what was
actually in $Sender from where filter_end().

I'm desperately trying to avoid adding yet another external database [eg
store $Sender keyed by $MessageID in filter_sender(), and retrieve from
filter_end(), or something like that].

Have I missed a trick here?

Thanks

Mup.