[Mimedefang] 2.71 not compiling on FreeBSD 6.4

Kitione Lalakomacoi kitione at lalakomacoi.com
Mon Feb 14 18:02:37 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:33 AM, FreeBSD <freebsd at pksnet.com> wrote:
 > Using FreeBSD myself please be aware that FreeBSD 6.4 is very outdated
 > and no longer supported. The current version of FreeBSD actually is 8.x.
 > I just checked it's current ports collection and the most current port
 > of MIMEDefang for FreeBSD is 2.68.

yes aware of this, unfortunately I'm stuck with this OS for reasons that
will be completely uninteresting to this list.

I've also install MD on several of these 6.4 machines and they work fine.
I have 4 running in production right now.

 > I'm wondering if based on the use of an outdated FreeBSD version there
 > may also be an outdated version of SendMail being used. Which may be
 > compounding the problem.

Nope, output of "sendmail -d0.1" as follows:

Version 8.14.4
 Compiled with: DNSMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
                NAMED_BIND NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING
                SASLv2 SCANF STARTTLS TCPWRAPPERS USERDB XDEBUG

 > My suggestion would be to upgrade to a current FreeBSD to resolve this
 > issue.

Good idea, but unfortunately not an option for me.