[Mimedefang] MIME::Tools 5.501 has been released

James Ralston qralston+ml.mimedefang at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 23 12:58:56 EST 2011

On 2011-02-23 at 09:07-05 David F Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> IMO, if you are willing to run Perl 5.8.x, you should also be
> equally willing to run MIME::tools 5.428. :)

We use the perl-MIME-tools package from EPEL, the latest version of
which is version 5.420.

> I'm not going to put too much effort into working around the
> brokenness of ancient Perl.

Which is perfectly reasonable.

But: if you release a new version of MIMEDefang that requires perl
5.10, then it means that we can't upgrade beyond the latest version
that still works with perl 5.8, because we aren't even close to being
able to deploy RHEL6 (which includes perl 5.10) on production servers
yet.

I expect many other sites may be in the same situation.