[Mimedefang] mimedefang.pl spilling "Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method" errors

Marcus Harnisch marcus.harnisch at gmx.net
Sun Feb 20 10:48:42 EST 2011

Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.net> writes:

> The 'best' fix is obviously in Unix::Syslog. It shouldn't default to
> the inherited AUTOLOAD (from the DynaLoader). Something like this in
> Unix::Syslog package should catch it:
>
> sub AUTOLOAD {
>     my $constant = $AUTOLOAD;
>     $constant =~ s/.*:://;
>     die "Undefined constant $constant"; # or possibly croak()
> }

I agree, that this should be added. Ideally though, the affected
functions should go into @EXPORT_FAIL it seems. Is it possible to set
@EXPORT_FAIL from within the XS file based on the defines somehow?

Unix::Syslog has been in maintenance mode for over a decade now and I
haven't really spent much time with XS since.

Thanks
Marcus

--
note that "property" can also be used as syntactic sugar to reference
a property, breaking the clean design of verilog; [...]

             (seen on http://www.veripool.com/verilog-mode_news.html)